Our specialists within the Ecclesia Group, who have longstanding professional experience, will be pleased to be of assistance with their extensive know-how in all areas relating to liability risks that you are exposed to as freight forwarder or transport and logistics company, either domestic or abroad.
We offer insurance solutions that are individually tailored to your needs in addition to an excellent in-house claims management.
In our everyday business we are dealing, among others, with:
- all international liability principles with regard to the transportation of goods by land, sea or air, such as CMR (Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road), Warsaw Convention, Montreal Convention, CMNI (Budapest Convention on the Contract for the Carriage of Goods by Inland Waterway),
- the relevant German legal provisions, such as the German Commercial Code (HGB), German Road Haulage Act (GüKG),
- legal requirements of other relevant countries,
- the relevant terms and conditions, such as the General German Freight Forwarding Terms and Conditions (ADSp), the contractual terms for companies involved in the transportation of goods by road, freight forwarding and logistics (VBGL),
- individual agreements between you and your customer.
We offer all industry-relevant insurance covers and special solutions, such as:
- MultiTransCover (All Risks)
- Forwarding Agent Transport General Policy (All Risks)
- Carriers' Liability
- Logistics insurance, logistics insurance program
A carriers' liability insurance provides coverage for your liability for physical loss or damage to customers' cargo which you handle on the basis of a transportation contract (freight, forwarding or warehousing contract) in compliance with legal provisions (e.g. the German Commercial Code (HGB), CMR (Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road), Montreal Convention, Warsaw Convention, legal requirements of other countries, etc). Specific liability provisions which you contractually agree with your customers may possibly be covered in coordination and agreement with the underwriter.
Every freight forwarder, carrier or warehousing company needs a carriers' liability insurance, because without valid and adequate insurance protection they would, in practice, not receive any transportation orders. If you take out a carriers' liability insurance, you can also refer on the General German Freight Forwarding Terms and Conditions (ADSp) and the limits of liability as contained therein. These limits of liablity can secure a company's survival, this is particularly true for warehouse keepers, as they could otherwise be faced with unlimited liability in the case of loss. However, in accordance with Article 7 a of the German Road Haulage Act (GüKG) there is a legal obligation to insure for the carrier who is engaged in the commercial road haulage sector and who transports goods within Germany.
There is no straightforward answer to this question. Usually, we work on the basis of vehicle-related or sales-related premiums; the amount of premium or premium rate varies according to certain factors (such as the insured risk, territory covered by the policy, amount of insurance cover, size of vehicle fleet and turnover etc).